Sunday, February 26, 2006

The question...

...has been posed concerning how anyone reading this blog will know whether Debbie or myself is doing the respective posting. I am reminded of a story I read concerning the Beatles. At the apex of their fame, John Lennon wished for anonymity, for the ability to go into a small club, plug in the amps, and play music just for the fun of it...no concert crowds, no antsy manager or money man...just for the joy of playing. He mused they could don masks and capes, and play to their hearts content in some out of the way pub. When the reporter he was speaking with reminded him that regardless of the masks, they would still sound like the Beatles, he became quiet and almost deflated.

No matter....

I am sure that if anyone spends the time reading the contents of this blog, they will become familiar with the rhythm and flow of each of our peculiar styles. My wife writes from the heart....flowing, beautiful verse that takes a life of it's own. My missives seem more like someone is standing behind me, smacking me in the head occasionally, forcing thoughts out through my outstretched hands...choppy, sometimes disjointed, but still from the heart. My wife is a writer, with wonderful insight into the human condition. I am just trying to keep my head above water, so the words don't sound like the choking pleas of a drowning man...yet I know what I am writing is still important, if for no one else, for me. so don't worry....

...you'll know the difference

No comments: