Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Wednesday again...


...our day for missing each other
the most
each week.

















First, we traveled with you this summer, then we had you home for an "administrative week" and after that we had time spent busily helping extended family, so that ache I feel when you are absent from daily life hasn't been an issue much lately. But this week, it is back with a vengeance. Now the kids are asking, "How many more nights until Daddy is home again?" And I, too, am counting the days.

I was looking back through old photos for ones of Matt at prom etc. to email his grandma when I came across these candids he took of us. These remind me how it feels to be with you when we're not busy doing perfunctory things, but are just enjoying a lazy play day. I love having this part of our combined essence captured visually. I love knowing we've taught our eldest--now that he is almost grown-- to notice the best things about his parents' relationship.

No comments: