Friday, July 21, 2006

The Princess and the Pea


subtitled: Who Knew God Had a Quirky Side?

Well, my love, I finally have seen some activity on my own perceptive front to confirm what you've been struggling through...maybe because you've made your peace with saying, "yes" to God, although like so many other things, it feels silly to share it...real "foolishness (playfulness) of God outstrips the wisdom of men" stuff. We both know that laser beam intensity God puts on specific things sometimes. Well, here is a sequence of events that was under its glare:

While at Dad's I picked up a book of fairy tales to read and randomly opened it to "The Princess and the Pea." But while I was reading it, the thought pressed upon me that this particular story wasn't appearing so randomly. Then nothing else concerning this for a week, only the questing memory.

Last night as I lay in bed, finally feeling sleepy, I turned off the droning TV as a movie was starting, a movie called "Fairy Tale: a True Story."

I woke several times in the night with something digging into my back...when I finally woke completely this morning, I reached under me and pulled out a little round black plastic piece of a toy that Nolan had brought into bed with him. (He slept with me last night.) First thought on my waking mind: I'm living the princess and the pea fairy tale.

When consciousness came to me more fully, I still had the sense that a message was being sent to me: a call has been put out, and I am in an identity test to demonstrate that I am one who could fulfill it. You have been given the role of administering the test. So as I hang up the phone with you now, after hearing you tell me yet again your flight is delayed for the sake of the weather, this time you even got so far as to be sitting in the plane on the tarmac, I tell you that maybe this is a delay to appreciate. I tell you of the blog I wrote yesterday. Until you administer this "test" to me I am safely anonymous, but you are on the front lines. If you are stopped, I am stopped. I prayed for your safe travels this morning...as I often do...but today as I prayed, I had an image pop into my mind of angels all around the plane...and I thought of your dream of angels in an airport, angels who could work as long as they didn't get wet. They couldn't get wet for some reason. Now I pray again.

One other thing about this long-awaited confirmation I'm getting for this thing you feel called to on our behalf (on my behalf)...I finally had a brush with "the dream" you've been having regularly for months. You've been asking God to show me what He's been showing you for a long time, but I guess you had to abandon your will to God before that could happen. You finally did, and it finally did. (smile) But mine went a little differently. As we were approaching the dream's tell-tale activities, a small child suddenly entered the room. He carried an old-fashioned tape recorder. My dream-sense up to that point had been that the activity was to be captured on film and that this filming would make it "bad." But the child said, "No, it will only be a sound recording, and that won't be a problem for anyone." But then nothing happened, for your first call about a delay woke me before the dream could go any further.

It feels like the pace may be picking up again...in the domain of our delusions of grandeur. (smile)

No comments: