Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Renewals of Strength

I had a visit.
It has been a while since this One visited me.

I read back over old blogs you've written...sparing though you are on here, alongside my gushing, that is...and I ache sympathetically alongside the ache I seem to be bringing to you. You understand the beautiful things that are ahead of me. But I ache to help you reach that golden potential we know is before you as well. The verse popped into my mind again, "when the daughter of My dispersed ones brings her sacrifice..."

I feel such a personal connection with that verse, and I look at how the alchemy of this sacrifice pulls you in as well, and how you would spill your own blood into the mystic brew if it were asked. So I lifted a prayer...I asked that He make me able to bring the sacrifice that is for me to give.
That was I guess the key...the right time, the right idea, the right words, etc. Tonight's prayer was key because as I prayed this, I saw Him. He sat studying me for just a moment, then suddenly He became that fluid transparent gold, that stuff that could be liquid could be powder, and-- in this case--could be vapor, for He invaded me like gas being sucked in to fill a vacuum chamber, and then I saw myself the gold you say you've seen as He appeared superimposed on me. Then in continuous motion with this invasive rush, He lifted His/my hands above our heads to present...something...too bright to distinguish, but it was surely the sacrifice.

This was the moment you were constrained to wait for, I think. Whatever happens now, I have a focal point for remembering: not only does He initiate activity (in you) but He also receives it (in me) and offers it upward.

And, as usual, I cried after that little episode, cried for about 10 minutes...shoot, I was ready to bawl just seeing Him sitting there looking at me thoughtfully, but when the "vision" came to its fullness, there was no helping the tears. Not sad tears, just the kind that strike you when you see something so beautiful or so majestic. )Like the ones I cried when I first saw Mt. McKinley, remember?) What's most special of all to me is that you know exactly what I'm talking about because you've experienced it as well. There's just something about encountering that Presence that brings tears and tremors, huh?
There's so much more I want to tell you. To paraphrase Saint John as he finised his three epistles, there is so much I want to tell you, but I'll wait because I hope to see you soon!
Love,
your wife

1 comment:

Deb said...

Looking back, I see I put this on the 20th:

"Then my middle son brings me a new (to him anyway) song to hear by a favorite Christian band who sing about God The lyrics of the chorus: "Just turn around and I'll be there, moving into your atmosphere."
And I think of the verse that says God doesn't do a thing without speaking it first. (smile)