Friday, April 14, 2006

It's amazing to me....

....as I look out my hotel window here in Downtown Atlanta, how many lights stay on all night....are these people 3rd shifters, or do the cleaning people all have investments in Georgia Power? Seems a waste to me.

So go the ramblings of someone who can't seem to stay asleep most nights. I am not sure of the origin of this insomnia. I have been told that the older you get, the harder it is to sleep. As a former world-class sleeper, I hope this is not the case for me. I enjoy it too much.

I wonder if it is a byproduct of the heightened dream-activity I seem to be having over the last few months? I know they are quite intense and detailed, and occur quite frequently. I could see this being the culprit, and as these dreams are driven from elsewhere, I am powerless to stop them. I understand now the necessity for them, and embrace the motive behind them. As my beautiful wife alluded to in an earlier blog, I had an "encounter" dream a few days ago...funny, but it doesn't seem to be that far in the past....the intensity and emotional residue of that dream make it seem like yesterday....funny....anyway, this dream seems to have served as some kind of catalyst, awakning some unknown part of me. I have a lot more clarity as to the "rightness" of what is being asked of me (us). At any other time of my life, any other situitation, any other circumstance, I would question the motivation behind these dreams. A small part of me still questioned whether a part of the visions, if you will, were self-directed....no more. I see now that God found the perfect venue for me to question my faith....another point of clarity. He spent 8 years allowing me to become comfortable in my knowledge of my basic "goodness", and now has asked me to have faith that something that was dead in my heart is now an intergal part of his purpose.

My love, I want you to know that this task scares me. But for every ounce of fear in me there are 10 that brim with excitement, and 100 that are humbled at the honor, for what unknown reason bestowed on this unworthy creature, of being a part of God's plan. I feel it building now, sweetheart...I can physically feel the gears that have been put into action...I pray that every action I feel God leading me to take, every thought, will bring honor to you, and to God.....

....I wonder how many other people are looking out their window, wondering why the light in my room is on so late at night....If they only knew...

No comments: