Sunday, April 09, 2006

Another way I know your dream was "real"...

...was in watching you at church today, singing "not to us, but to Your name be the glory..." as you played the drums. You were different. I've waited a long time wondering if that mysterious act of worship would ever touch you as more than an activity of reverence, but rather as an intimate act of companionship, of secret union and oneness with the one being praised. It was in your face for the first time today. Did you feel a difference? Was it not like being shoulder to shoulder, brothers with one who is so incredibly...I don't know, I have no word big enough for it. Hearing you say you are so drained from the experience of one like that, who walks with such intense "presence" of being...this I, too, remember from the times last fall when I, too, felt Him visit. It is so rich for me to hear you echo these same sentiments. It validates what I experienced back then to me all over again, as I hear you echo the reactions I myself had.

No comments: