Sunday, October 15, 2006

Things you won't see me writing about in this blog...

...The fact that I forgot my 12th anniversary yesterday. Yes, I know that my wife did also, and yes, I know that life is a little like trying to manufacture a battleship out of pull-tabs right now. But if you look on page one of the Husbands Handbook, there in the first paragraph, after the stuff about staying out of other...um...stables, you see the part that references, in a very biblical tone: THOU SHALL NOT FORGET YOUR ANNIVERSARY!!! (Thunderclaps...wind...huge lightning bolts...more thunder)

...My job situation. I hesitate to term it "job", because I am really looking for a career move (I sound like an ad for Ivy Tech.) Yes, I am gainfully employed...no, it is not the job I want, the one I am waiting for confirmation on. I will work at number one until I hear about number 2, which actually might happen tomorrow afternoon. Yes, that means I might have to submit a W-2 next year for an 8 hour job...sigh...

...The health of the kids. It seems like my family is appearing on "Wheel of Virusus". And doing quite well, I might add.

...Assorted pithy sayings I have heard over the few weeks since I last blogged. I need to face it...I am not pithy, nor clever, nor humorous, nor, if you have read anything I have written, exceedingly competent at grammer, syntax, spelling, or any of those other things I would have learned in school if I wasn't busy trying to figure out how to look down Mrs. Fernandez's blouse (must have been absent the day she talked about run on sentences too...)

....The new house, or at least the possibility of a new house. Whole continents tremble at the possibility of our becoming land-owners again....

But here are a few things I do feel led to blog on...

...I love my kids. I love it that when the little one comes bounding up the stairs, he will go out of his way to run over to me, give me a hug, and tell me that he loves me...multiple times. The middle one will still talk to me, and seems to value what I say...the oldest one hasn't threatened the whole "wish I lived somewhere else" line....12 years in, and I haven't done anything that has permanently scarred them yet...I'm still in the game!!!

...I love my wife. More than ever, each day. She still puts up with me, still calls me on the carpet when I need it, and I don't doubt for a minute that we can do anything we put our minds to, provided that it is in the general direction that God wants us to go as well...

...I seem to be pretty good at Fantasy Football....


........sigh...if you could only make a career out of it.

No comments: