Sunday, December 24, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth...

...the title of the DVD sitting here on the desk beside me, but more...
the thought clanging in my mind as the ill-timed discovery of this truth that should not have been revealed on Christmas Eve...

...my ex-husband has learned our son is choosing to stop attending high school as a "mid-termer" and finish his credits in the form of a night class this spring so that he can go to work full-time in order to help us help him follow his dream of marching drum corp...a dream we are not financially set to help him realize.

...my ex-husband has cited the clause in our divorce decree that states 'That the child support obligation shall continue until such time as the dependent minor reaches his ago of majority age 18 or graduates from high school whichever last occurs."

...My ex chooses to interpret our son's decision about his spring semester as being his "graduation from high school." The legal notice I received from his attorney states: "The child support obligation should terminate on December 22, 2006. "

Without even going into consideration of the outcome...how do I talk to our son about his father's priorities? God help me.

No comments: