Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I love you because...

From a post on a forum that mirrors things I've been trying to verbalize and wanting to blog, but only found the words today...
This is a thought that has struck me, too, in the last few days...
I see it in the sentence "I love you because___________."
That from our earliest understanding we say to God, "I love You because You first loved me."
But that God has no "because" in His vocabulary, since He loved us "while we were yet sinners."

That my experience of love with people can feel heavy, being littered with so many "because" requirements--things meant to make me feel special but that often only make me feel tired.

But that my experience of love with God says He is one who makes flowers no one ever sees, and butterflies that come from cocoons to no applause...and because there is no because in the beauty of the world He made, I find rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys. Got your post on my blog. Good to read this post here - really moved me and gave me a different angle on the love of our beautiful God. Thanks for getting in touch!
Shannon

Deb said...

I'm glad for the feedback...it still feels like a larger thought than I can find the words to state.