Saturday, August 12, 2006

And when I cast my list off, I see...

...I discover these things that have each visited me at least three, and sometimes more, times in random fashion over the last few days. Sometimes you defy me to make sense of the things that appear in your world. I extend to you, my love, the same challenge. Make sense of these things that keep floating up from the submerged parts of the iceberg:

  • broken down cars with their hoods up: first evidence was seeing what I would have sworn was our son's car in this state, only to see the man walking down the road dejectedly was not after all our son...then happening by on my way home at the exact moment that he and his "savior" arrived to deal with his break-down. The probability that I should witness both his breakdown and his rescue are phenomenal to my mind, but it happened. And not just that, but stories of similar broken-down, hood left up moments... in books, cartoons, etc.
  • the word "stain" and its counterpart "stainless" showing up an inordinate amount in multiple sources other than laundry soap commercials.
and finally...
  • trolls...which were even in Dilbert this past week.

You say you're not good with the vague stuff that seems to be Divinely given to you from time to time, my dear. Now you see why I can sometime interpret for you those things that seem to have no rhyme nor reason, and why? Because these are the types of synchronicities that lurk in my world. At last, the premiere reason for the List: to serve as an anchor keeping me in the world of the sane. (I'd giggle here, but that might come across as crazy.)

2 comments:

Deb said...

3 days of sensory depravation have given you a new "view" of things...good???....time will tell...

Deb said...

To delete or not to delete a post of my ravings, that is the question...