Saturday, August 16, 2008

What Do You Call Authority?

(a fantasy on the story of Christ's temptation in the wilderness, a possible epilogue
and the corroborating verses)

"Take heed, watch and pray; for you do not know when the time is."
But when the time neared, a man--a porter, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness. Then Jesus Christ, taking him up on a high mountain, showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the Lord Jesus said to him, "All this authority I will give you, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. Therefore, if you will worship before me, all will be yours."

And the man removed from thence unto a mountain and pitched his tent, and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD. And the Lord granted the man authority there. Some did say, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'Look, He is there!' But the man said, do not believe it! For false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. But take heed; see, Christ Himself did tell us all things beforehand. And so the man said before all creatures of heaven and earth: "He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. Now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church." So the man came again unto the place of the altar which had been there at the first: and there men called on the name of the LORD.
And the man reminded the people of the words of the Lord Jesus: "For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed [is] he that cometh in the name of the Lord." And though the abomination of desolation did likewise stand in the place where it ought not, sowing tares of confusion, still the elect remnant of the people did call the porter blessed and did acknowledge that he came in the name of the Lord.

Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Jerusalem. And news of Him went out through all the surrounding region. And He was among them, glorified by all.

NOTES:
'These things says the Son of God: ...But hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations--
'He shall rule them with a rod of iron;
They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels'
--
as I also have received from My Father; and I will give him the morning star...
...I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, [and] the bright and morning star.
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."'
Rev 2:18, 25-28,
Rev 22:16
Rev 2:29

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
Proverbs 29:2

And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom [is] an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
Daniel 7:27

If any man speak, [let him speak] as the oracles of God; if any man minister, [let him do it] as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
I Peter 4:11

[For the Son of man is] as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.
Mark 13:34

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
John 10:1-3


But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils...[He said]If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.
And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast [them] out? therefore shall they be your judges.
But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.
Luke 11:15, 18-20

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls,
who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.
Matt 13:45-46

"Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife." And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, having the glory of God...The twelve gates were twelve pearls: each individual gate was of one pearl.
Rev 21:9-11, 21


Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. For "He has put all things under His feet." But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
I Cor. 15:24-28

[Jesus says] Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away. And what I say to you, I say to all: Watch!"
Mark 13:31, 37

No comments: