Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Strange Pilgrimage...conclusion

How does a dream end that runs a course like this one has?
When I've seen this sort of ending in movies, I usually think them frustrating due to the lack of resolution...

So You and I entered yet another covenant--strange and unexpected, but full of a sort of spiritual logic that made sense to me and seemed designed to protect me. But at this point in the story, You seemed to pull away, and the darkness began to lift. Was itgrayness that invaded the dark? The dawn of a new light? A fog? None of these descriptors seemed quite right. Then I happened upon this idea: blankness, and that felt closer to right.

I entered a blank place that brought with it a sensation best described as relief. From the pest-ridden outer edge just this side of the safe garden, forward through the zone of sorrowful lost souls, to the deepest place, that which housed the un-remembering forsaken. All of the burdens unique to each phase of the pilgrimage--the accumulating soul-weight of these associations--it lifted; and a sense of rest took its place. But I found no vision here at the end of my journey, only a vague feeling of being finished with the worst of it. Anything meant to serve as an aftermath, well it waslost in that fog.

I waited, kept looking. Nothing. There was no more to the story.

But a few days later, I came across this verse:
To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:...
...He hath made every [thing] beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Eccl. 3 : 1, 11

No one sees from beginning to end. No one.
Any other ending would belie the whole experience.
I was satisfied.

No comments: