Saturday, February 17, 2007

When Dreams Come True...

...it doesn't always imply a night in Cinderella's castle. I see now how two dreams--one mine, one Scott's--are coming true. How strange the way they play out in this world.

The epiphany attached to what I last blogged, all the "affliction" that has sprung up in our lives of late: a personal redefining of the idea of redemption. It is other things for Scott, things deep and profound enough I do not speak for us both much, but for myself it is this: I have embraced you as my Intercessor in those parts of me that have been dark with sin, but where I was naturally light and good, I presumed to plead my own case before God. But even these parts must come under the umbrella of the redemption, because even justified people live in a fallen world. Sounds like a small thing, but it is huge in terms of what I do with broken trust, failed attempts to do the right thing, etc. I dreamed a month or two ago that I sat in the bottom of a red stone and dirt pit, a deep dry well. It was lit by an unknown source. I knew that to be there was bad, and I knew I didn't go there intentionally; but rather than try to climb out, I simply sat on the ground, hugged my knees and waited to see what You would do. Now I have, in actuality, walked through what my soul knew in advance: I would learn to wait upon Thee in any circumstance, not just in the ones where I have a sense of a need for cleansing/purifying. I do sit in that pit and wait, without trying to climb the walls myself.

And then there are your dreams, my love. You've had several in which you serve as a type of conduit for souls. One during an airplane-crash rescue that you orchestrated, but more recently one about working in a strange pool--one in which people entered the water recreation area through a strange gate made of water. You dreamed it was given to you to determine who was allowed through the water gate, and your will swung the gate open or closed for those people waiting to enter. And I think of the parable about Christ sorting the goats and the sheep.


First, a reminder that all is not always as it presents itself:
Matt 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


But more to the point, as per Matt 25, we realize we have been assigned a new "character" to play in a pertinent parable's actualization, and in assuming this new role--whereas we look weaker and more despicable in this world's view--we nonetheless move closer to the higher truth of your dreams:

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth [his] sheep from the goats:

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed [thee]? or thirsty, and gave [thee] drink?

When saw we thee a stranger, and took [thee] in? or naked, and clothed [thee]?

Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done [it] unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done [it] unto me.

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:


For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?


Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did [it] not to one of the least of these, ye did [it] not to me.

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Always, any deep-heart Christian hopes ot be counted as the sheep and not the goats in this scenario, so we run around looking for the "least of these His brethren" to serve. But how surprised we are when we find our relationship with Him is so securely in His grasp that He permits us to become the least of His brethren, thereby becoming the tool He would use for sorting others, the rod that measures the temple, etc. And these things arranged by our own ineptness or fault, and not "rescued" from the strange mire by our might or power. Deeply we sense our "least" status while it is forged and actively used by the hand of God, but because we know and trust Him, we realize what His calling demands, and we draw comfort in the knowing:

Luk 9:48 And said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same shall be great.

No wonder we are told not to think it strange the trials and afflictions that strike us. And how arduous it is coming to a place of awareness of the good couched in such a time. But times and trials will have their end; our testimony will not.

No comments: