Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Here I am again....

Hola, old friend...it's been a while, huh? I really don't remember the last time I had (found) the time to blog. As I had stated somewhere in the relatively short history of this blog, writing is something you do because you want to...putting finger-pads to keys seems for me to be something I would like to do more, but it's just "too darn hard"....thank God I don't have a daily column to write...I have heard that writing a daily colum is like being married to a nymphomaniac....really fun for a few weeks, but ultimately the pressure to preform gets to be a burden....

Once again, I find myself in front of the computer at some ungodly early morning hour, the sounds of the trucks on the interstate droning on and on...tires circling in a never ending loop. I am only 42 years old, and really much too young to be having insomnia problems. I am a firm believer in bio-rhythms, and mine are on Guam time, evidently.

I am home, and that is something (actually a big something), and I know that when I finish this, I will climb back into bed with my wonderful wife, trying not to wake her, and spend some time writing songs to the rhythm of her heartbeat. I look forward to being able to do that every night.....

The job front is in the air for now...I keep getting the feeling that, want it or not, change is going to happen soon. I make more than anyone at my job "level", and seem to be the tallest tree in the forest, an easy target for any budget trimming that my clueless (sorry, just how I feel) president decides to impose. He has proven himself to be a myopic, bottom line kind of boss, one that I don't have confidence in that he will see beyond a few dollars saved by cutting my salary (never mind that we just finished spending 1000 dollars flying one of our trainers to SLC for 20...TWENTY...minutes of training...the same trainer that lives 45 miles from both myself and Tierry G....sigh.....). Yes, I am looking for something that will keep me home more, so my worry might just be that I will be beaten to the punch (kinda like when your girlfriend breaks up with you the day before you were going to end it....same result, but not the way you wanted it). I am really putting some time into prayer for help discerning the right path...not for a job, or money, or anything...just guidance....

...can you blog a prayer?

No comments: